Olympic National Park and Cape Flattery

A while ago, Seth saw some absolutely amazing pictures of Jeremy’s taken of Cape Flattery and Neah Bay in Washington. We decided we HAD to see this incredible place for ourselves.

After our fabulous ferry ride from Seattle, we drove through Bainbridge Island and through the Olympic National Park. The mountains are majestic, thick with evergreen trees, and green, green, green. On our way out to the cape, we had to stop by picturesque Lake Crescent to snap a few pictures.

Lake Crescent

Lake Crescent

Olympic Mountains

Cape Flattery is the most northwestern point of the United States; to get there, you take an easy 1 to 1.5 mile hike out to the overlook. Wear good shoes you don’t mind getting muddy as the terrain is wet.

Cape Flattery
(A note to my tongue-in-cheek stylist: These pants are supposed to be capris, but I’m really short, so they ended up looking like highwaters.)

Cape Flattery

We hiked through the rainforest before we arrived at the cape at sunset. This is what we saw. No joke.

Island off Cape Flattery
Right off the cape was the most perfect little island with the most appropriate lighthouse.

Island off of Cape Flattery

Island off Cape Flattery

Cape Flattery
You can see Canadian mountains in the background.

Island off Cape Flattery

Cape Flattery

This entry was posted in Washington and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Olympic National Park and Cape Flattery

1. Sarah says:

WOW!! So beautiful!! I’m glad you guys made the stop to check it out.

2. Noelle says:

Oh my goodness! This is sincerely the first spot you’ve featured that made me melt instantly. How incredible! I hope someday to visit Cape Flattery myself!

3. Pingback: Seattle Ferry Ride | Short and Hat – Travel Blog

4. Morgan says:

these photos are AWESOME!!!! what an incredible sight.

5. Brooke says:

Stunning photos! Some day Brian and I will travel like this…. until then I’ll join you here!

6. Wendy says:

Carrie & Seth,

I LOVE the pictures!!!! ANd I love seeing you happy in them. You are missed and I think of you all the time.

As far as apple products go, I’m feeling like at some point, Care, you need to get me up to speed with all this technology stuff. I think I could really have it be working for me, but I don’t even know where to begin!!!

7. Wendy says:

I find myself coming back to this post…you should make Short and Hat calendars to sell…I’d buy it with these pix…holy cow!